Thursday, July 9, 2009

Goose vs. Grey Duck

In the childhood game did you play Duck Duck Goose or Duck Duck Grey Duck? This was the subject of much debate tonight when we were playing this game. Lincoln, Hannah, and Jake are all on the Goose team. I'm on the Grey Duck team. I told the kids that whichever one of them came over to my side first would get the bigger inheritance someday.

I'm not the only one that thinks Grey Duck is the answer. According to a poll on Facebook 53% of people think it's Grey Duck to Goose's 47%. Of course Lincoln thinks it was rigged.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm with Lincoln, it was totally rigged! I have never ever heard of grey duck before. And I worked in with kids (teachers aide, after school programs etc. boys & girls club etc.) for YEARS.

But now that those kids years are over, it's save for me to admit that this post totally made me want a martini.

Diane Lentz Snow said...

First of all, judging by your typing I think you've already HAD the martini. (good for you, by the way)

Second of all, it must be a Midwest thing. Or even an isolated Iowa thing. Or even a more isolated Decorah thing. The only people on my side so far are the people I grew up with in Decorah.

Jennifer said...

ugh I wish, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 2 weeks! That's just plain old waking up at 5:30am for school exhaustion. Sorry from now on I promise to proofread, that IS embarrassing.

But you're comment proves it must be rigged then, because there is no way that 53% of facebook is from Decorah. You blame all of your weird quirks on being from the midwest, lol ;)

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Are you trying to drive ME to drink? You know that you're vs. your thing drives me crazy.....