Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Orchids

Yesterday someone at work gave me an incredibly beautiful orchid. Two of them actually. My plan was to take one to my mother-in-law as a gift and the other one home and turn it over to Jake in an attempt to keep it alive but then Lincoln reminded me that we're about to be gone for 10 days. Orchids are incredibly hard to keep alive as it is and I have a completely black thumb so I figured we'd enjoy it for the next few days and then mourn its passing upon our return from Iowa. Lincoln had other plans though. After dropping the kids and the 2nd orchid plant off at his mother's this morning he sent me the following email:

My mom said she would babysit your orchid until we get back, then you can kill it in person.

Now that's love. Thank you honey.

No comments: