Friday, July 31, 2009

Anniversary update

We decided to go with Lincoln's anniversary plans for next weekend. My friend Rachel knew of both of our plans and said that mine were more anniversary oriented (recreating parts of our first date and favorite activities over the last 10 years) but I decided that I like the idea of being surprised with a trip. That has never happened to me before and I'm loving it.

Five months after we started dating I planned a surprise trip for us to London. Lincoln didn't know where we were going until we played "20 Questions" on the way to the airport. I have also planned a number of semi-surprise trips. Oftentimes he would know that we were going on a trip but wouldn't know where until closer to the date or I would tell him where we were going but not what activities we had planned. In all instances I've planned everything from start to finish before telling him our plans. I think he enjoys having everything all planned out for him. It's like being married to a travel agent. He just goes to the airport when I tell him and always has the time of his life.

All of those trips have been wildly successful so I'm excited to see what Lincoln has up his sleeve. So far, however, he has a lot to learn about surprise trips. He has already given up a number of hints although I still have NO idea where we're going. I am the master of the surprise trip...just ask Tracy...but for once I am happy to be the one in the dark.

No comments: