Sunday, December 28, 2008

I want my Mommy!

Last October my mom and dad came to visit to help me get the house organized after we swapped out the office and Hannah's room. My Mom is insanely organized - and better yet - a woman who likes a very clean house. After a week of them being here my house was insanely clean and organized. My Dad even built shelves in the basement and put my paperback books back into my bookcase for me - IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER!!! I have to admit, the first time I went in to get a book after they left I started crying at the thought of what a kind, considerate man my father is. How many fathers would take the time to alphabetize a bookcase full of romance novels? Great pieces of literature maybe....but romance novels? Not many.

Not only do they clean and organize my house they help me decorate it. It's usually when they come to visit that pictures that I've meant to hang up for years actually make it up on my walls. Last year for Thanksgiving I begged them to come out to visit because I knew my house would actually get decorated for Christmas. Last year we decorated using all six totes of Christmas decorations that we own and our house looked great for the holiday season. This year we put up the tree and put out one decorative holiday house display that I own.

I'm doing great on the organizing projects during my time off. The new office, gym, and master bedroom look great so far. We completely rearranged our bedroom and it looks so much bigger now. I'm also going to redecorate our room with pictures from our trip to Greece along with some beautiful figurines and other decorations we purchased over there. Here's where I need my Mommy....she's a great decorator. She's great at thinking of where to put things and coming up with ideas of how I should display items. I know that if she were here everything would look fantastic. As it is, I wouldn't doubt it if the items from Greece become one of those things that I keep meaning to put up but never get around to.....until Mom and Dad come to visit, of course!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you give me more credit than I deserve but i appreciate it anyway. Flattery always works!

Love, Mom