Monday, December 8, 2008

Reason 1,001 why I should not work where I do

I work for a major concert promoter. For our company holiday party my friend Melissa puts together a "Name that Tune" game. She always makes me take it for practice even though I know NOTHING about music. I think she just likes to try and make her head explode.

I scored 3 out of a possible 68 points. Pretty bad huh? And one of them I only got because she forced me to make a guess and I got it right. She wouldn't, however, give me 1/2 point for guessing the movie that one song came from and she didn't give me 1/2 point for picturing the right guy in my head but calling him by the wrong name. I think that was very mean of her. I totally should have scored 4 out of 68.

Melissa: Did you even listen to music before you came to work here?

Me: I don't even listen to music now that I do work here.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

My guess is as follows...

1 point = NKOTB song
1 point = Britney song
The other one, I'm going to guess it came from the Breakfast Club or another Brat Pack movie.

Am I right?!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

1 point - KNOWING it was a Britney song
1 point - KNOWING the title of the Britney song
1 point - GUESSING it was the Beatles.

1/2 point for thinking it was George Jones but correctly envisioning Johnny Cash in my head.

1/2 point for knowing it was from Grease.

And no, sadly there were no NKOTB songs on there.

Jennifer said...

Britney and the Beatles and George Jones, OMG those are like my FAVORITES! Now I'm all curious, damn my not working for LN anymore!

I thought you were Miss Grease Queen though! I can still see you dancing to the one hot rod song or whatever it is with the ladder.

But it's ok I only got like 6 of your album covers!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Actually, "Cool Rider", a great song I might add, is from Grease 2 starring Michelle Pfeiffer.

Scott said...

You are so funny Diane! I am seriously addicted to your blog entries!!!! I think you should write a book. And you and Jake should be the main characters! haha!

Scott said...

Oh and I, too, LOVE "cool rider" from Grease! Ahem...."if you really wanna know, what I want in a guy. Well I'm looking for a dream on a mean machine with hell in his eyes..." I could go on and on, but I will save us all the agony! ha!