Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

Last night the four of us stayed up and played Wii for awhile. It was actually a lot of fun and we had a family "bowl-off". Hannah is really good at the bowling.

Today was a fairly lazy day. The kids slept in a little bit this morning and then came downstairs by themselves and let Lincoln and me stay in bed a little longer than usual. After that we all cleaned up both the front and back living rooms since they looked like a Christmas tornado had blown through them.

Once we got the downstairs cleaned up I headed out for some "day after Christmas" shopping. I was hoping to find some stuff for the master bathroom which I'm hoping to redecorate while I'm off of work these two weeks. I took my nephew Kyle with me since he told me yesterday he's always willing to play chauffeur since he has his driving permit now. He actually did a pretty good job and we even went out on the highway. He drove me to Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and A.C. Moore because I had also decided to do a few returns while we were out and about.

After that I came home and played Mario Kart on the Wii with Hannah while Lincoln took Jake for a doctor's appointment. Jake has an ear infection although it certainly doesn't seem to be bothering him too much. We have him on antibiotics now and hopefully he'll be all better in the next day or so.

Hannah has a pajama party birthday celebration to go to tomorrow for her friend Christina. They're not actually having a slumber party but she gets to go in her pajamas and they're watching movies and eating pizza and all that fun stuff. It's from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. which is staying up late for some kids but that's about the norm for my two darlings.

That's it for us today. I struck out trying to find stuff for the bathroom. I'm trying to re-decorate around these six beautiful hand-painted tiles that we bought at the Grand Bazaar in Turkey last March but so far no luck. I'm waiting to be inspired.

No comments: