Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Where does the time go?

Every spring I say to myself "If we can just get through spring everything will settle down". Then summer comes along and we're super busy and I say to myself "If we can just through summer everything will settle down once school starts." With the beginning of school things never settle down so I say "If we can just get through Christmas everything will settle down after the New Year." You can see where I'm going with this.

December is always a busy month. Not only is it busy for me at work because of the holiday party that I'm in charge of and all my year end duties that I have to complete before we close for the holiday break but it's also Jake's birthday month which means a kid party and a family party. Add in my usual two PTO meetings a month, my Executive Assistant's Group holiday event, and that pesky little task called Christmas shopping and you've got a busy month. I also try to take the kids to a Christmas show at the Wang Theater and this year they're putting on "How the Grinch Stole Christmas". We're going to see that on December 13th so the kids are really excited.

The good thing is that my company closes for about 2 weeks around the holidays so I have time at home to catch up on things that I never do during the year. Last year during the break I organized 7 years worth of back filing that we had in boxes in the attic. This year my hope is to file all our 2008 documents and then paint the master bathroom and clean our bedroom which seems to be the dumping ground for random boxes of stuff. We spent a pretty penny on some beautiful hand-painted tiles at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul and I want to redecorate the bathroom around the tiles.

Other than that 2009 is looking pretty quiet so far. I know that's going to change. As Lincoln said this morning when I pointed out we didn't have much on the calendar yet for January he said "Yet. It's only December 2nd after all."

No comments: