Monday, December 22, 2008

Our mailman is back on the "nice" list (for now)

He's still a persnickety ass when it comes to delivering mail when it snows but he did bring me lots of fun stuff today. In addition to the yummy peanut clusters that my Dad made me he also brought me a bunch of holiday cards.

One of the ones I received today was from my friend Cyndi. Unfortunately I lost touch with Cyndi around the time I was pregnant with Jake so I haven't talked to her in years. She sent a note along with a picture of her incredibly adorable son. I am so excited to re-connect with her after all this time.

The other fun card (and adorable family picture) we got was from Lincoln's cousin Kristin. I have never met Kristin or her family but apparently she is a reader of this blog (Hi Kristin!) and presumably got our address from her parents (who also read this blog - Hi Russ and Elaine!). I have so much fun doing this blog and I'm really excited that it has allowed people that wouldn't normally know much about our family and our children a little glimpse into our lives. Hopefully I'll get to meet Kristin and her family someday.

Over the last few weeks we've gotten a number of great family photographs and Christmas cards. I had my children when I was relatively young by today's reproductive societal standards (24 and 27 respectively) but a lot of my friends are just starting out with their families. I love getting the pictures of their children at Christmas. I love looking at all the little babies and toddlers and it makes me think about how fast my own kids are growing up. It's amazing.

Anyhoo....I'm temporarily taking our mailman off the naughty list....at least until the next snowstorm.

No comments: