Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My belief in the spirit of the season has been restored

Around this time of year people can get a wee bit cranky. Especially if they work in customer service and have to deal with a ton of people purchasing items for the holidays.

I ordered a few odds and ends for our company holiday party on 12/2 from Oriental Trading. It had free ground shipping and an "estimated arrival date" of 12/12. I figured that I'd probably be fine although it was cutting it a little close since the holiday party is on 12/15. I realized on my drive in this morning that I still hadn't received a shipping notification so I called to check on my order. If necessary I was going to pay to upgrade the order so that I had it in time for the party.

I called and asked her the status of the order and she said the items were "picked" from the stock room already and ready to ship but hadn't. She then said that she'd call down to the shipping department and make sure it went out today AND she'd upgrade me to free overnight shipping. I didn't even ask for any of that! I just asked what the status of the order was. She was fantastic.

I hope all her holiday wishes come true.

No comments: