Monday, December 15, 2008

Score!

There is an item that I really wanted to get Hannah but the price has recently been moving in the wrong direction. It was originally $24 on Amazon with free shipping but I didn't buy it because I was keeping an eye out for sales. AC Moore, a local craft store, advertised it for $24.99 the weekend before Thanksgiving so I headed down to pick it up. They didn't have it in stock so I got a rain check and they said they'd call me when they got them in. I then went home and decided I would order it from Amazon since it was the same price. Well, it wasn't anymore! It was now hovering in the high $50's / low $60s depending on what day I checked online. I couldn't believe it.

I had pretty much given up on getting this gift for Hannah when AC Moore called me on Saturday to tell me it was in and they were holding it for me! I couldn't believe. I went down yesterday and picked it up and it is safely hidden in the basement. It's a good thing that I got the rain check because the regular price of the item at AC Moore is $39.99.

No comments: