Thursday, September 25, 2008

Today sucks

Grandma's death hasn't really hit me. It wasn't a terribly big surprise and my biggest moment of sadness before today was just thinking about my dad and how bad he must feel. I really just wanted to get back here and give him a hug. Even being at Grandma's house yesterday wasn't bad. But today is a different story. Today is her wake. Today is the day that I'll see her in her casket. I hate open caskets. I hate looking at a loved one as though I'm walking through Madame Tussard's Wax Museum. I'm very sad today.

And daycare called me this morning because they didn't realize I'm out of town. Jake has a bad rash on his face and neck. My in-laws went to pick him up and he may or may not have poison ivy. Of course I'd love to be with my son but instead I have to try and reach Lincoln or my in-laws to be with him instead.

It just was icing on the cake of a really bad day already. I can't imagine how much worse it's going to get. It's not even noon yet here in Iowa. The wake is at 4 p.m. and the family viewing is at 3 p.m. Ugh.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry. I know how difficult it is. You and your family have been in my prayers.