Monday, September 1, 2008

I knew letting video games into the house was a bad idea

Even though I was obsessed with Nintendo when I was younger I was optimistically planning on avoiding that whole video game thing with my kids. I knew eventually they'd start playing them, if nothing else they'd play at a friends house. But then Rachel came out here in May and we started playing Super Mario Brothers while reminiscing about childhood and it has all been down hill from there. We then bought Super Mario Brothers 3 and now Lincoln has taken to stopping in at Game Stop and picking up a game or two here and there. We have a PlayStation 2 but we don't (or didn't) actually have any games for it other than Guitar Hero which I lent to someone and haven't gotten back.

Anyway, this morning I came downstairs and Hannah is dusting the living room, Jake is playing with Magnetix and using his imagination to create things and Lincoln is sitting unshowered and unshaven with the blinds drawn playing video games. This is the down hill slope I was afraid of. I was just afraid that the children would be the ones sucked in....not Lincoln.

No comments: