Thursday, September 18, 2008

And we're off!

Today is the day. I am writing this post the night before our trip because I have to leave at 5 a.m. to pick up Denise and Tracy. Lincoln is going to publish it for me once we're safely on our way.

I lied through my teeth on the blog in my recent post. We really are going to New Orleans. I wasn't smart enough to really tell people different locations of our possible trip but I was smart enough to tell Tracy in August that I had done that just in case someone did spill the beans. After I got the email about the slip-up I did a mad scramble to have people say to Tracy "that's not where Diane told me you were going". At this point I think I actually have her convinced we're going anywhere BUT New Orleans.

I'm really excited for this trip. Not only is the location a surprise to Tracy but she also doesn't realize who is going on this trip. In addition to Tracy, myself, and Denise we are going to "run into" some of her other friends at the airport who are actually going with us that she is not aware of. On top of that, once we get there a good friend of hers from high school, who now lives in Biloxi, Mississippi, will also be there. She also doesn't know what delightful plans we have once we get there. I worked a wonderful deal with the Ritz Carlton and that is where we're staying. When we arrive tomorrow we're spending FIVE hours in the spa being pampered.

I have to say this has been an incredibly stressful time. I realize that we got such great airline and hotel deals because this is hurricane season but I was really gambling that Louisiana wouldn't get hit this year. Watching Gustav and Ike has been brutal.

I think we're good to go though for our trip. We're going to have a blast and whatever details I can reveal to the public-at-large will be told next week. You will have no more new posts from me until next Tuesday.

Lincoln is home with the kids this weekend so maybe if he gets inspired by something he will do a guest post or two.

Otherwise, have a great weekend and I'll be back to chat with you on Tuesday!

No comments: