Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Okay, so I'm a little bit of a hypocrite

Lincoln pointed out to me that in my post about Grandma Lentz I said that I wasn't a very religious person but that every time I wrote "Him" I capitalized the "H". He's right. That was a very conscious decision on my part. I think it's a little bit silly that "Him" is capitalized when speaking about God. And often when I say "thank god" I don't even bother to capitalize the "G" and that's a proper name. Although I suppose that is another religious debate for another day - is "God" his name, his title, or a descriptive term? Or all 3?

But last night when I was worrying about Grandma Lentz I figured that while I doubt my turning to prayer now would make much of a difference it wouldn't hurt to throw in a little extra respect just in case.

No comments: