Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sometimes I think Hannah is just humoring me

Last week when Hannah started bringing home her spelling words I told her we'd sit down and look them all up in the dictionary each week so that not only would she learn to spell the words but she'd improve her vocabulary.

Today we sat down to do the first 5 words for this week and we got to the word finally. Her dictionary is a children's dictionary and it doesn't exactly have everything in there so some of the words we look up in an online dictionary. As I got up to go look it up online she said to me: "We looked up the definition at school and it means 'something coming up or happening in the end".

She quoted it just like that. "Something coming up or happening in the end." I looked at her and said "why didn't you tell me you look up the definitions of all these words at school?" She just looked and me and said, "Well, we don't look up all the words."

I swear to God she's just humoring me and silently thinking to herself: "Isn't it cute how Mommy has me look up all these words. I just won't tell her I already know what everything means. It will make her feel important to try and teach me something."

God that kid makes me laugh sometimes.

No comments: