Friday, February 20, 2009

We interrupt this blog for the following obligations

My postings may be few and far between in the next few days.

Tomorrow night is the aforementioned shindig that my company is throwing. Originally I was VERY excited about this party because for once I have nothing to do with the planning or execution of the event. Lincoln and I were going to make a date out of it and we got a hotel room and everything so that we could both drink and not have to worry about driving home. We have someone watching the kids overnight and it was going to be a great night. Then in the last 48 hours I've realized that even though I'm not actually in charge of the party it is still my obligation to make sure that everything runs smoothly for my boss that night. Unfortunately I don't have the greatest faith that the people in charge of the event will handle everything to his standards (and neither does he). That means that I'll be tied to my cell phone, running all over the venue to make sure that all his VIPs are taken care of, and depressingly sober. Luckily Lincoln knows some of my co-workers and will have people to hang out with but it's definitely not going to be the night we were anticipating. That sucks.

The good news is that I shouldn't be hungover on Sunday and can therefore partake in all of my annual Oscar festivities which include starting to watch the Red Carpet coverage at 12 noon with a bottle of champagne and a plate of pigs in the blanket.

My having to work on Saturday night is obviously God's way of making sure I don't die of alcohol poisoning this weekend.

No comments: