Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Craziness at the office

I apologize for not posting yesterday but it has been a wee bit crazy around here. I love long weekends because when you go back to work on Tuesday it's already Tuesday. Meaning you're that much close to the weekend. But it also means that you have to do 5 days worth of work in 4 days. Now I have to admit that I didn't get as much done at work yesterday as I could have but I have to say, my boss is on vacation and it was nice to not have a hectic day. I took advantage of that. I did what needed to be done but not as much as I could have. Today I went in and was going to plow through a bunch of stuff and get everything done that I don't normally have time for. I had the best of intentions. Of course, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. That's how my day turned out....hellish.

I won't go into the details because I don't actually blog too much about my job. I just don't feel comfortable about it because I don't know who actually reads this blog and in this day and age the last thing I need is to have any reason for them to fire me. Anyway, I will just say that I ended my day yelling at a lady who annoys the hell out of me. She doesn't work with me but I have to deal with her for purposes of my job. She drives me up the wall and I hate her so much that 1) I decorated the binder that holds all of her account information in it with a picture of the devil and 2) I often have to put her on hold when we're on the phone together so that I can scream and yell and curse at the telephone without her hearing me. She is that bad. Anyway, the worst part is that she is as dumb as dirt. Actually, that's an insult to dirt. Dirt is much, much, MUCH smarter. After the 10th time that she asked me the same (very easy) question I finally said to her, "Seriously? My 7-year old could understand this."

She then asked me to explain it to her again. Needless to say I put her on hold before I did.

No comments: