Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Way too many Dunkin' Donuts

Maybe it's because I don't drink coffee but it seems there is a ridiculous amount of Dunkin' Donuts around here and today I confirmed that. I was reviewing the Boston Business Journal's Book of Lists and came across the list for Area's Largest Franchises. Dunkin' Donuts took the lead with 1,335 stores. There are only 351 towns in the entire state of Massachusetts! That's an average of what, almost 4 Dunkin' Donuts per town? Holy crap.

The next closest was Subway with 313. Interestingly enough Subway leads worldwide with 25,988 stores while Dunkin' Donuts has only 7,440 stores worldwide.

And those are my random thoughts for today....

1 comment:

Lincoln Blogs said...

Yes I think there are 5 or 6 in the town of Milford alone, so you can see how that would add up.