Monday, February 16, 2009

So young...so naive

Yesterday before heading to the hotel we stopped at a few stores looking for some fake plants to go in the master bathroom. That room doesn't get enough light to support real ones so I'm having to resort to fake ones. Jake calls them "thick" ones for some reason and hated that I was only looking at greenery and not flowers.

Jake: I don't like Mommy's thick plants. I like the pretty ones.

Me: But that's not what we're looking for. Mommy needs just green ones.

Jake: I don't care. I like the pretty ones.

Link: But it's Mommy's choice. When you get older you can choose your own fake flowers.

Me: Unless his wife doesn't agree with what he chooses.

Jake: (emphatically) No! When I get bigger I get to be the chooser!

Me: Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Jake: Yes it does!

Link: (to me) Where are we going next?

Me: Bed, Bath & Beyond

Link: See Jake. That's how it works. Mommy commands and Daddy obeys.

No comments: