Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Early Valentine's Day

My favorite room in the house is the master bathroom. I've got a deep jacuzzi tub and I can get in there and read for hours. Lincoln has also installed a tv, dvd player, and tivo in there for me. As those of you who read this blog know, I've been working on redecorating that room for a few weeks now. I am redecorating it around the theme of our travels to Istanbul. If you've ever been to Istanbul you'll know that it's a place that is very rich in color and culture. I painted the bathroom a dark blue and then sponge painted an even darker blue over it. We bought a beautiful shower curtain with a lot of rich colors and a great texture to it. We changed out all the bathroom fixtures so they're oil-rubbed bronze instead of silver and put down dark brown floor mats. I enlarged four beautiful pictures that I took in Istanbul and framed them before hanging them on the walls. The recessed area where my jacuzzi tub sits is now framed by beautiful gold curtains held back with tasseled tie-backs. Last weekend we installed a bronze heated towel bar in that area as well. I still need to install the six hand-painted tiles that I purchased at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul that depict a Turkish Bath. Those tiles were the inspiration for the entire bathroom.

Anyway, all of that description is leading up to my Valentine's Day gift from Lincoln. Last weekend when we hung the curtains over the tub he commented on how it's not very well lit in there anymore and I would need a reading light of some sort. Tonight when I came home from work there was a gift on the kitchen counter. I jokingly asked who it was for. Lincoln said that it was actually for me and that I needed to open it right away. I opened the box and the only thing in there was a small white remote with three unlabeled buttons on it. I knew exactly what it was! I looked at Lincoln and said "Is it what I think it is?" and he said yes. I tore off running upstairs and lo and behold he had installed the most beautiful lamps above the back of my tub. The remote control is to turn them on and off and also acts as a dimmer switch! When this room is done it is going to be the most luxurious room in the house! I actually think it already is. As soon as it's completely done I will attempt to take some pictures but I doubt they'll do the room justice.

Lincoln is so incredibly sweet and wonderful and perfect and tomorrow you'll get to see what I did for him for Valentine's Day. I hope he likes it.

No comments: