Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poor poor put upon Lincoln

Despite my promising Lincoln when we lived in the 3rd floor condo that if he did the wash when we lived there that I would always do the wash once we moved into the house he is still the one that does about 85% of our laundry.

Tonight I wanted to make sure my jeans got into the wash before we packed for our trip so I went into the laundry room, took them off, and headed into the bedroom.

Lincoln: Those aren't going to get washed like that!

Me: What are you talking about?

Lincoln: Look at them. Does this mean that I should just give up on Hannah right now? Will she never learn to make sure her pants aren't inside out when she puts them in the wash?

Me: Probably. But to be fair, Hannah is growing up with someone who makes a big deal about it. I didn't. Really this is all your mother-in-law's fault. She never made me turn them right side out.

(a short while later Hannah takes off her clothes in the laundry room before her bath)

Me: Don't look at those.

Lincoln: At what?

Me: Hannah's pants.

(he picks them up off the floor)

Lincoln: They're always like that! One leg inside out and the other one not! How does that happen? How do you two do that?

Me: Because you take one leg out first and then the other one you tug on until it comes over your foot.

Lincoln (laughing): And then what? Cast thy pants into the breeze?......And yet they boomerang right back to you clean, right side out, and hanging up.

Me: Yep. Pretty much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You've always said that when you went away to college the first lesson you learned was that if you put dirty clothes in the laundry they don't automatically show up back in your room all clean. It sounds like after all that money for a college education you've already forgotten the first lesson!

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Apparently I should have skipped college and gone straight for my M.R.S. degree since apparently clothes really DO come back clean when you toss them in the laundry basket. I obviously chose the wrong college.