Tuesday, August 25, 2009

We now return to our usual programming

Mom and Dad headed home on Saturday night and Hannah has been handling the separation pretty well. For all intents and purposes she was with them for over a month because we were all in Iowa together for a few days before she went off with them for three weeks and then they spent another week with us out here in Massachusetts. I think Mom and Dad are also having a little trouble adjusting.

This is our final full week before school starts next Wednesday but it is also the beginning of our crazy schedule that usually comes back full force in the autumn. Yesterday was a busy day at work, today Hannah has her annual physical in the morning and I have a work event in the evening, tomorrow morning Lincoln and I have a business appointment in Waltham. Somewhere in all of this we have to get all of our new curtains hung since they only have a 7 day return policy if something is wrong with any of them. This weekend is Hannah's 24-hour birthday party (a girls day plus sleepover) and Lincoln and Jake's campout over at a neighbor's house. Before we know it school will start with the usual homework to be done and forms to fill out and field trips to attend. Add in the PTO commitments I have made and life is back to being crazy. Oh wait, I don't think it ever stopped.

As some of you may have noticed I didn't post anything yesterday. I try to post at least a little something every day but yesterday I was absolutely exhausted. I didn't sleep well on Sunday night and then yesterday was one of those days at work where you ask yourself "why am I here? What purpose does my job have and do I really need to continue doing it five days a week for the rest of my foreseeable future?" I think it was just a result of being overly tired but I was so apathetic about everything yesterday I didn't even have it in me to post about my apathy. But today is another story. I got over 10 hours of sleep last night plus a great snuggle session in bed this morning with the kids. My job still isn't going to cure cancer or end wars but it's a job I enjoy (most days). I also get to end my work day today down on the waterfront helping my boss with a reception he is hosting this evening. It sounds like the weather should be nice so what's not to like about a fancy waterfront reception?

Here's to a great summer day!

No comments: