Monday, August 31, 2009

A star is born

I received a very interesting call today from the guy that runs the poetry and writing workshop that Hannah attended last summer. He called to tell me that a producer from HBO had called him about a new HBO special they are doing on children and poetry and had asked him if he had anyone to recommend. I spoke with him about it for a few minutes and then gave him permission to give the producer my contact information.

At that point I figured that the chances we would ever hear from the producer were probably slim to none but it was pretty cool that he had thought of Hannah for this project. I was surprised when about an hour later I received a call from the producer. She asked me a bunch of questions about Hannah's interest in poetry and if she had any favorite poems, that sort of thing. She also said they'd like to interview Hannah, on tape, in NYC on September 22nd for possible inclusion in this project. I haven't discussed it fully with Lincoln yet...or with Hannah at all....but it sounds like it might be a fun experience. Hopefully we'll know more about it soon and if Hannah is interested the two of us will be heading down to the city for her interview.

UPDATE: Apparently a star isn't born. Surprisingly Hannah had ZERO interest in being a part of this tv special. I have to say, that really surprised Lincoln and me but I guess that's it. We're certainly not going to force the issue.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's awesome that her teacher recommended her for such a project. As outgoing as she is I'm surprised she had no interest.