Sunday, August 30, 2009

NEVER procrastinate on school shopping

Hannah did pretty much all of her school shopping when she was with Grandma Dena out in Seattle but the two of us have a deal that enables me to choose her first day of school outfit. Despite all of her adorable new clothes I still hadn't found that "perfect" outfit for this coming Wednesday. After lunch today the four of us set out to run errands and decided to tackle that project. Can I just say that Kohl's the Sunday before the first day of school is a CRAZY place to be and that I never want to be there again?

I'm pretty sure that there were mothers in there ready to kill their children. Everyone that I could overhear in the clothing racks and in the dressing room all had a tone to their voice that indicated they were one uncooperative comment from their child away from exploding. In our case it was more Lincoln wanting to kill me for dragging him there and making him keep track of Jake while Hannah and I spent way too much time in the fitting room.

Luckily we found the perfect outfit including new black & white high top Converse sneakers (just like Daddy used to wear) and she's all set for Wednesday. The outfit that we chose today will join these other fine outfits in Hannah's school career:

Kindergarten:

1st Grade:

2nd Grade:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how the tree behind Hannah gets bigger every year. However, I do think it could use a little fertilizer. . . .she's so cute!

Jennifer said...

omg tell me about it. I spent today running around the entire state of Rhode Island trying to find a mini-fridge for my little sister's dorm. Not a single one could be found and the parent/child tension was downright scary!