Saturday, August 22, 2009

My baby

When Hannah was an infant the two of us spent many hours napping on the couch together. There is nothing better than having a sleeping baby curled up on your chest. Hannah has always been a snuggler and even now, at the age of 8, she is still a snuggler. Jake, of course, has never been one and he and I certainly never spent the same amount of time of napping on the couch together as I did with Hannah.

Of course as both kids get older they don't nap and they certainly don't do it curled up on Mommy's chest. Today Jake was sitting next to Lincoln on the couch and fell asleep curled up against him. I must admit I quickly took advantage of the situation and scooped Jake up to snuggle with me while he was sleeping. At the age of 4 1/2 it was probably one of my last chances to do it and it meant the world to me.

There is nothing greater than an innocent, peaceful angel curled up against your heart and it is truly the only thing that saddens me about not having more kids. It was a beautiful moment.

No comments: