Sunday, August 16, 2009

A great Sunday

Today we got up and did Hannah's school shopping and went to lunch before heading out to lounge by the pool. We were in there from about 2:30 until 7:30 and had a great time despite one small injury. I was showing Hannah how I could do a double back somersault in the water but didn't take into consideration how shallow the pool was and whacked my nose on the bottom of the pool. I was wearing Hannah's goggles at the time so most of the injury was from actually pushing the goggles into my nose and not from actually hitting the bottom of the pool.

In the evening we ordered pizza and ate pool side before roasting marshmallows and eating s'mores by the fire bowl on the pool deck. All in all it was a GREAT day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Speaking about the depth of the pool, maybe you should mention that this was a milestone day for Jacob. With lots of encouragement from all of us, Jacob discovered he can TOUCH THE BOTTOM of the pool on his tip toes. Very exciting news, especially for me who has always worried about the pool being over his head. I will feel much better about it next year when he can really walk around in it, but this is a start!

Jennifer said...

OUCH! I hope your nose is ok! It didn't leave a mark did it?

And congrats to Jake, he's probably grown a foot or two since I've seen him last.

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Oh yes. Quite a nice little cut across the bridge of my nose. A battle scar.

Jake is getting huge. He definitely has grown a lot since you've seen him last.