Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The truth comes out

Tonight Hannah came home from her playdate with a little mark under her eye. Apparently she somehow managed to fall into a metal trashcan. It's not much of a mark but it's right on the top of the cheek bone and below her eye. We were talking about it at dinner and so I told them the story of when I fell into my Mom's sewing table when I was in junior high and hit right above my eye. To start out the story I described to them how our laundry room used to be set up with a counter on the left, the washer and dryer on the right, and an old-fashioned sewing table where the sewing machine popped up out of the table in the middle of the room along the wall.

Me: I don't remember what I was doing, or why I was on the counter in the laundry room, but I was probably doing what Jake and Hannah always do (pointed look at the children) and must have swung myself off of there for some reason and managed to fall into the corner of the sewing table. Anyway, my right eyelid drooped for awhile after that. I don't think it does anymore.

Link: Actually, I think it does when you're tired.

Me: Really?

Hannah: Wait, how did Grandma hit her eye?

Me: What? She didn't. I did. That was the point of my story.

Hannah: Oh, I thought you were talking about how Grandma fell into the table and hurt her eye.

Me: No, actually Grandma pushed Mommy into the table and I hurt myself.

Hannah (indignant): She did not!!!

I would just like to be clear that Mom did not push me into the table. I just can't resist riling Hannah up sometimes.

No comments: