Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'll see your jerk and raise you two idiots

My assistant and I were just comparing horror stories of people we've had to deal with today. I don't know what it is but it seems like everyone is driving me crazy these days. Is it because my job is getting so much harder to enjoy given our current corporate culture, and my lack of options if I really got fed up enough to leave, that makes dealing with these people so painful? Or is it the fact that everyone is so miserable these days that they're out to make everyone else's life miserable as well?

For example:

Me: There is about $3,000 in the account but there has been no activity on it lately so we need to do something or the state will seize it as abandoned property in 30 days.

Person on Phone: So we don't need to do anything with it then.

Me: Well, we need to either close the account or transfer the balance. There is about $3,000 in there.

Person on Phone: Well you didn't say that.

Me: ?????????????????????

No comments: