Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quick weekend update

I realize that I didn't post anything on Thursday or Friday this week and I have to say our lives are pretty boring right now. Lincoln had to work late both nights so I had to duck out of work early in order to get the kids before daycare closed. Last night the kids and I actually went out to dinner with the Walkers and since it took so long to get a table and get served on a Friday night Lincoln was able to join up with us before we had even finished our appetizers. It was a nice meal and we haven't seen them in awhile although we see the girls quite a bit since they babysit the kids a lot. It was this time last year that we got together with all of them to once again plan the Kentucky Derby party and that meal ended up with an ambulance and a surgery. Deb decided to race Hannah outside of Applebee's and ended up tripping and falling into a brick pillar and severely breaking her arm. It wasn't pretty and I'll just sum it up by saying that yes, an ambulance was necessary for a broken arm in this situation. Let your imagine run with that.

We have no real plans and all sorts of plans for this weekend all at the same time. I've got a ton of stuff to do this weekend with the yearbook and finishing staining some wood shelves for our bedroom as well as general cleaning around the house that was ignored last weekend. I've also got to do some returns at Kohl's and Fashion Bug and take Hannah to buy fabric for sewing class before Thursday night. We also want to take the kids to an expo thing down at Valley Tech and Lincoln said if it's nice we'll all go hiking to Peppercorn. Tomorrow we're meeting up with my friend Jennifer for dinner. So I guess we really do have a lot going on this weekend but at the same time I'm not feeling the all consuming "oh my God how am I going to get this all done" feeling that I had last weekend with the yearbook and the basket raffle website.

Who knows what will actually get done. I'm feeling kind of lazy this morning. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: