Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cover your ears

I can NOT sing. At all. I'm really, really, really bad. So bad that I actually enjoy playing up how truly bad I am when I sing around the house. It drives the kids crazy. However.....I think I've gotten to the point where it has become detrimental to my children's musical enjoyment. When we were in Las Vegas we did a gondola ride at the Venetian and the lady who was steering the boat said "Can I sing you a song?" and Jake immediately put his fingers in his ears. Last Thursday we went to dinner upstairs at the Rose Garden. On Thursdays they have a Music Revue in there starting at 8 p.m. We were just finishing dinner when they started to set up.

Jake: What are they doing?

Me: They're getting ready to sing. It's music night.

Jake: (puts his fingers in his ears)

Me (to Lincoln): I've ruined my children for singing haven't I?

Link: Yeah.

No comments: