Friday, March 6, 2009

Bedtime

Jake: Why do I have to sleep with nobody?

Me: You got used to sleeping in beds with other people on vacation didn't you?

Jake: Yeah. Why do I have to sleep alone?

Me: Because we're lucky enough to have a big house where each of us can have our own bedroom.

Jake: Why do you and Daddy get to sleep together?

Me: Because that is what Mommies and Daddies do.

Jake: That's not fair!

Me: I know Buddy.

Jake: I told Miss Jeannie "no" one time today.

Me: Huh?

Jake: Maybe two times.

Me: What are you talking about?

Jake: Two, maybe three times.

Me: Why did you tell Miss Jeannie "no" today?

Jake: Then I went to sit in Miss Kathy's office.

Me: Did you get sent to the office today at school?

Jake: Three, maybe two times I said "no".

Lincoln (walking into the room): Did Jake tell you about how he got in trouble at school today?

Me: I think he's trying to.

No comments: