Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mrs. Snow

Today I went into Hannah's school to see the diorama presentation and to take some more pictures for the yearbook. It always cracks me up to go in there because the kids all call me Mrs. Snow. It's very rare in my day-to-day existence that I'm called Mrs. Snow. I've never been one to have my kids call grown-ups by Mr./Mrs. and their last name although I do sporadically insist that they use the southern tradition of calling grown-ups Mr./Miss with their first name. For example, Hannah's babysitter is Miss Lori. I think Lori gets a kick out of that since she signs notes to Hannah as "Miss" Lori - quotation marks and all.

I started laughing today because I was in the library taking pictures and a girl walked up to me and asked me what I was doing. During the course of our conversation I asked her what her name was and then said "I'm Diane....ur...Mrs. Snow.....You can call me Mrs. Snow."

Very graceful. No wonder I do all my school volunteering after hours.

No comments: