Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A travel tour of our newly finished bedroom

Back during my holiday break Lincoln and I started re-decorating our bedroom. I had a lot of stuff from our travels over the years and I wanted to use all of it to decorate our room. Most of it had been sitting in storage for years because I never got around to finding a home for all the pieces. This still isn't everything but we've made tremendous progress. We got the furniture moved around back in December but I knew the decorating would have to wait until Mom came. Mom and Dad have now come and gone and here are the results.

This is my favorite corner so I'll start here. The round pillow on the bench was bought at the Grand Bazaar in Turkey. The bookends and the King/Queen/Eternity plaques were bought at an adorable little shop in Boston. The blue pitcher is from Greece. The wooden figurine with three heads was brought back from Mozambique by a colleague of mine. On the other shelf is a little country western style mail holder from Moab, Utah and the wire flowers in the vase are from our first date. Lincoln, my beloved "phone guy", brought me flowers made out of telephone wire. Obviously a better choice than real flowers since I still have them 10 years later. The glass flowers in the little bowl and the orange palm tree, both on top of the dresser, are from a glass blower in Venezuela where we went on our honeymoon. The little green box is something I won in a raffle drawing in Decorah when I was in elementary school. The lamp has no significance other than it matches our decor. 

This corner is my "reading" corner with my old hand me down lazy chair from Mom and Dad.  The pillow in the chair is a Quillow that my sister Debbie made us for Christmas.  The thing hanging in the corner has no real significance other than it matches our decor. The figurine on the corner shelf was purchased in Corinth, Greece. The green candle on the other shelf was purchased in Decorah. The parent/child figurine was a gift when I was pregnant with Hannah. The fabric hanging under the shelf is Irish lace that we purchased on our trip to Ireland in January 2004.

These are all pictures that I took in Greece on our trip in March 2008.

The plate on the left is from our trip to Greece and was purchased in Athens. The stuff above the TV is from my friend Nikki who lived in Australia for 5 months. The red fabric below the TV is a table cloth from Singapore that I purchased when I was over there on business while pregnant with Hannah. The small framed photo beneath the plate is from Lincoln's first Father's Day when Hannah and I took him to Washington DC.

As you can see, there are a bunch of little things tucked along the floor and leaning against the walls that still need to be put away. Like I said, we haven't found homes for everything yet but we may end up having to move out into the hallway outside of our room eventually.

The bathroom should be finished soon too. We've been working on that for so long I don't even know what to think anymore. Lincoln was working on prepping the tiles for mounting last night and that is really the last piece for the bathroom. I'll hopefully be posting pictures of that soon as well.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks GORGEOUS, I absolutely love it!

Scott said...

I am so impressed! Everything looks wonderful Diane. Thanks for the tour! Have a I ever told you how neat I think it is that you have traveled so many places? Very cool!