Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It is amazing what she can and cannot spell

Tonight Hannah had to interview me for her heritage/immigration project.  I'll spare you the entire details but I thought this exchange was pretty funny.  (A little background: when she was very young I started brainwashing her with the fact that I went to Gustavus and that I would love it if she went there someday.) I have since changed my mind about her going there but don't ever let anyone tell you that brainwashing doesn't work.

Hannah: Where were you born?

Me: Decorah, Iowa

Hannah: How do you spell Decorah?

Me: D-E-C-O-R-A-H

Hannah: How do you spell Iowa?

Me: I-O-W-A

Hannah: Where did you go to school?

Me: Gustavus.

(silence)

Me: Do you need me to spell Gustavus?

Hannah: No.

Me: Are you telling me you can spell Gustavus but you can't spell Iowa?

Hannah: Yeah.

No comments: