Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Co-parenting fell through the cracks tonight

Lincoln and I try not to disagree on parenting decisions in front of the kids no matter how minor the situation.  Tonight we told the kids to get ready for bed and Hannah, who was wearing yoga pants and a t-shirt today, asked if she could sleep in what she was wearing.  She does this a lot.  I don't know if she's just too lazy to get ready for bed or what.  Jake, who was wearing wind pants and a t-shirt decided to try the same thing.

Hannah: Can I wear this to bed?

Me: Sure, but you have to take your socks off.

Hannah: But they keep my feet warm.

Me: Yeah, there is just something icky about wearing dirty socks to bed.

Hannah: Okay.

Jake: Can I wear this to bed?

Lincoln: No.

Jake: Why?

Me: Yes, you can.  Just take your socks off.

Lincoln: And you have to change your underwear too.

Me: Sorry.  I totally just went against your parenting in front of the kids, didn't I?

Lincoln: Yeah, but I turned it around there at the end.  

Me: Nice job.

No comments: