Thursday, May 14, 2009

Now THIS is what I'm talking about

Almost a year ago I wrote a blog posting about season finales.  I am a TV addict and I can take things very personally when things don't happen the way I want them to.  Tonight a show restored my faith in (televised) humanity.  I just watched the Grey's Anatomy season finale and it rocked!  It had EVERYTHING a season finale should have.  It had great writing and a fantastic ending that left me begging for another episode.  Talk about a cliffhanger.  

It is very rare in this day and age that anything can be kept a secret when it comes to anything.  Between the internet and spoilers and random speculation you can pretty much know what is going to happen on your favorite show unless you live in a bubble.  For all of those reasons I really thought I knew what was going to happen on tonight's episode but it totally took me by surprise.  It was even a show I had to go back and watch again because it was so well written, so dramatic, and so heart-wrenching that it blew me out of the water.  

Because of those same internet spoilers and speculation over the actors' contracts the results come September probably won't surprise me all that much but it doesn't take away one little bit from the fantastic writing (and acting) on behalf of the Grey's Anatomy team.  Way to go!

I know I take these things overly seriously but this is an under appreciated art form and tonight it really moved me.  This more than made up for a lousy finale season last year.

No comments: