Sunday, May 17, 2009

A fairly quiet weekend

Despite my worries going into this weekend that it would be a little crazy, it has turned out to be a fairly nice one. Hannah had a 1/2 day of school on Friday and a birthday party in the afternoon. Saturday she had another birthday party and a little league game plus we went to the town carnival. Today was supposed to be another little league game and more time at the carnival (hard to avoid when the carnival is set up at the little league fields). Luckily Hannah's game was cancelled due to rain today and therefore we've spent the entire day at home. It has been months since we've had nothing to do on a weekend so it felt great.

Since it was such a quiet day I got the pleasure of taking a nap with Jake. When Hannah was little we often took naps together, especially when I was pregnant with Jake and wanted to sleep all the time. She always wanted me to curl up with her but Jake never does. He's not a snuggler. It's a rare, rare treat for me to get to watch him sleep and I enjoyed doing it today. I didn't actually fall asleep today. I just read my book with many long breaks to look over and marvel at what a big boy he has become. He is growing up way too fast.

Here is a classic picture from years ago (four to be exact). This just goes to show how much Hannah loved to nap with me and how much Lincoln spoils the two of us. It was a nice day out and we decided we wanted to nap outside so Lincoln blew up the air mattress for us on the deck.

No comments: