Sunday, May 24, 2009

I really wish I knew how to mow the lawn

I never learned how to mow the lawn. I think it was because my dad was the only male in a household of females and therefore it was his only escape but I don't think he ever taught any of us to mow the lawn. I'm sure it's not all that hard but I have to say it does scare me a little bit. All those stories of rocks getting thrown by lawn mowers and people getting their limbs caught just freak me out even though I know that those things aren't likely to happen. But I've never wished that I knew how to mow the lawn more than I do right now. Lincoln, who was in bed with a temp of 101.7 yesterday afternoon, is outside mowing our lawn right now. And he's incredibly stubborn and insists on only using the push mower and not borrowing a riding mower from either his dad or his brother. Luckily it's not terribly hot today...it's actually a good day for mowing the lawn....but I still feel bad watching him push it up and down the hill. I have to leave shortly to take Hannah to Little League and I just hope that I don't come home to find him collapsed on the front lawn.

1 comment:

mark said...

I've admitted some pretty sensitive stuff on the Interwebs, but somehow your admission about not being able to mow the lawn bests them all.