Sunday, August 10, 2008

When you come full circle you just end up biting yourself in the butt

We just got back from church. I haven't gone to church in years but Mom and Dad really wanted to take Hannah and Jake to show them off to all of their church friends. Hannah didn't want to go because it's "boring" but I told her how important it was to Grandma and Grandpa and that I'd sit there with her the entire time. Lincoln got to run around with Jake in the back of the church because there was no way in Hades he would have sat still the entire time.

But then Hannah got restless and insisted on finding Daddy and there I was, all alone in the pew with Mom (Dad was ushering). I tried to do a good deed by getting Hannah to sit through church and all I did was end up going myself.

I have to say, it's scary how all the things they say week after week after week in the Catholic Church come right back to you no matter how long you've been away.

No comments: