Sunday, August 10, 2008

We made it!

Well we finally made it to Seattle last night. Our first flight, from Providence to Detroit, was late getting in due to some crazy thunderstorms although the same storm that delayed us delayed our connecting flight so it wasn't too big of a deal.

The crazy turbulence coming into Detroit was pretty bad though. I have to say it was one of the worst flights we've ever been on. Lots of bouncing back and forth, jerking around, and plummeting in little air pockets. Not fun. It didn't affect the kids though and I'm just glad Mom and Deb weren't on that flight as they are not the best fliers. Jake actually almost fell asleep during the worst of it. It was like a giant rocking chair.

Like I said, our 2nd flight was also delayed due to the weather so we didn't get in until about 10:15 p.m. last night. Both kids slept pretty much the entire flight so that was nice. Then we met Grandma and Grandpa at the airport and came home to bed. The kids were up bright and early this morning so we're already well into our day. I think the plans today are church, brunch, and the aquarium with Aunt Debbie and Uncle Mark. I'm sure I'll have pictures to post later. I actually got a cute one on my camera phone from last night that I'll have to post.

More later...

No comments: