Saturday, August 23, 2008

Character underwear is better than a purity ring

Yesterday my friend Tracy had a really bad day. Her boss had lost her fight with ovarian cancer and Friday was a very emotional funeral. Tracy's original intent was to go home and drink by herself but I told her to come on over and I'd drink with her. After all, a true friend never lets someone drink alone.

Tracy had her husband drop her and her son off so that Hunter could play with the kids and have a sleepover while Tracy and I sat on the pool deck and drank Leinie's. My kids absolutely ADORE Hunter and it's always a special treat when he comes over to play. While we were getting dinner ready the three of them and the neighbor kid were playing out front with the hose. They all got terribly wet and Tracy sent Hunter up to change his clothes in Hannah's room which is now on the front of the house overlooking the driveway. Lincoln noticed that Hannah and Hunter were doing a "reverse Romeo and Juliet" and while Hunter was up in Hannah's room he was leaning on the window screen and it popped out. Fortunately Hunter didn't fall through the window and Tracy and I both quickly gave him the "you never, EVER lean on a window screen" speech. His explanation was that he was showing Hannah is underwear. What?

Hunter: My underwear is white.

Tracy: So that makes it okay to show it to Hannah?

Hunter: Yes.

Tracy: Well, what if you had Cars on it?

Hunter: NO!

Obviously the key to keeping Hunter pure is to only buy him underwear with movie characters on it. If only having a teenage girl someday will be that easy to deal with.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOL!!! That is the funniest thing I have heard all weekend!

hmm...Maybe I should buy myself some character underwear?