Saturday, August 9, 2008

Today is the day

Today is finally the day we head to Grandma Dena and Grandpa Dan's house for vacation. While having a late afternoon flight instead of our usual early morning one is great for Lincoln and I it is killing the kids. Lincoln and I have been finishing packing and also cleaning up the house before we go. The kids have spent the morning saying "When are leaving for Grandma Dena's?"

Since we're leaving at 4:30 p.m. and only have a 55 minute connection in Detroit I know the kids aren't going to get much more than snacks on the fly for dinner tonight so we're planning on having a huge lunch to hopefully get us through the day. I told Jake we were going to go out for a big lunch on the way to the airport and asked him where he wanted to eat. His answer? "At Grandma Dena's". It's going to be a long day.

The funny thing is, as I've blogged about on here before, Jake firmly believes that Grandma and Grandpa live in hotels. This morning when I was packing our bags he asked me "are we going to need sunscreen when we get to Grandma and Grandpa's hotel?" I explained we weren't going to their hotel and he was quite befuddled. I told him "We're going to Grandma and Grandpa's house" and he gave me the funniest look. It's not that he's never been there before - he was there in January of this year - but to be fair, he sees them in hotels a lot more than he sees them at their house.

Alright, I'm off to finish more packing. The next time you hear from me hopefully we'll be in Seattle.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your trip! Know that I'll be miserable at the office without you.

Scott said...

Have a good time Diane! And tell Dan & Dena hello for me!