Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tomorrow is the big day

Tomorrow is the first day of the new school year. Hannah is pretty excited but I'm surprised that she's dragging her feet doing the assignments that her new teacher sent her last week. She's usually really gung-ho about those things. They have to write a list of 6 things they did this summer, write a letter telling the teacher about themselves, and bring in 2 pictures of themselves and a book they're currently able to read. Hannah is really dragging her feet on the letter writing part. I told her she had to do it tonight and I'd even script it for her:

Dear Mrs. Bomba,

My name is Hannah Snow and I am 7 years old. I have a little brother named Jake and we live with our Mommy and Daddy in a very messy house.

Sincerely,
Hannah

See how easy that was!

Keep an eye out tomorrow for "first day of school" pictures. When Hannah started kindergarten we planted an apple tree and every year on the first day of school we take her picture in front of the tree. Here are pictures from the past two years. You can also watch the progression of moss taking over that part of our front yard.

Kindergarten:

First grade:

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Aww, I love the whole watching the tree grow as she does thing, SO cute! Are you going to let her dress herself, like Lincoln did a couple days ago?