Friday, August 8, 2008

Melissa

It was pointed out to me today (by Melissa, who discovered my blog this afternoon) that I never blog about my friend Melissa. Melissa is my most long-term, and I might add, oldest (sorry Melissa, you asked for it) friend at work. When I first started there almost six years ago Melissa and I shared an office....a very, very small office. I remember on my first day thinking "this girl and I are never going to get along." Luckily we became good friends. Over the years I've noticed that Melissa never likes anyone right off the bat so I have to say I'm grateful that she warmed up to me. We no longer share an office but she and I still have a lot of fun. Part of that is because when the company expense report process switched over to a new computer program she was too lazy to learn we struck a deal that she would pay me in wine to do her expenses.

Over the years we've had a lot of fun together. When she was detained in France as a terrorist (due to an expired passport) Paula and I hung all of her beloved Sharpie's from the ceiling in a mass suicide (long, long, looooonnnng story). Years later she retaliated by joining with Jennifer to send me 3 bags of personalized M&Ms that say "your the best!" on them when she knows the your vs. you're thing drives me INSANE!

Anyway, the point of my rambling is:

Are you happy now Melissa? I'm blogging about you!!!

No comments: