Monday, March 8, 2010

A very supportive boss

This week is going to be a little bit crazy at the office as we're moving ahead quickly with all the sub-contractors (electrical, heating and a/c, data wiring, and plumbing) as well as moving all the stuff back from storage. This morning as I was dealing with the moving company who was unloading the furniture I was getting terribly frustrated because nothing was marked as it should have been and it was difficult making sure that every desk, filing cabinet, bookcase, etc. got back in the correct place. I was not happy with our moving company this morning and during the few minutes I was actually sitting at my desk my boss popped his head in to drop off some mail and pick up anything I had for him.

Boss: Do you have anything for me?

Me: Other than my sheer hatred of the moving company? No.

He has been very appreciative of all that I've been having to deal with ever since the flood on New Year's Eve and even though it has had little direct affect on him he knows that it has been a huge strain on me so that made our next exchange that much more appreciated.

Me: If I strangle one of the movers before the end of the day will you post my bail money?

Boss: Oh indeed, yes.

No comments: