Tuesday, March 9, 2010

An amazing individual

About three weeks ago my boss fired the original contractor that was working on the reconstruction of the office because of the guy's problems effectively getting us through the process with the city building inspector. It's a long story but I can sum it up by saying it was good that we got rid of him. In his place an old business contact of my boss's recommended another contractor. He was hired the next day and it was the best thing we've done in this entire process. The kid is a miracle worker and a true wonder. And yes, he's a kid. I can say that because he's in his 20's and I'm a ripe old 32.

I have never met a more ambitious - and successful - 27 year old in my entire life. He is amazing. His employees and sub-contractors respect him, he's a straight shooter, and he gets things done quickly and efficiently. He also keeps me endlessly entertained with his incredibly strong Northern Ireland accent.

I can only hope that my kids will be half as successful in life as this kid is at 27.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you say irish accent?? Normally I'd say he's a little young for me, but you know my number, feel free to pass it along! ;)

Diane Lentz Snow said...

Sorry, he's married. But if you're into Irish accents then you REALLY should have been in the office the past few weeks. The contractor's crew is mostly Irish and so were the plumbing and electrical sub-contractors.