Thursday, March 18, 2010

Talk about a dagger through the heart

If nothing else, I know three things in this world.

I know Jake loves me.

I also know that he's a huge Daddy's boy and would prefer Daddy over me any day of the week.

Finally, I also know that my son has absolutely no tact.

Jake (waking up): Daddy!

Me: Hey Jakey, Daddy left already. He had to go to work early.

Jake (crying): But I always wake up with Daddy.

Me: I know sweetie but Daddy had to leave early. Mommy's here though.

Jake still crying.

Me: Hey, remember a few weeks ago when Daddy went away for a few days?

Jake (sniffling): Yeah.

Me: You and me and Hannah had a great time without Daddy, right?

Jake: Yeah.

Me: And yesterday you didn't get to see Mommy at all. I had to leave before you got up and I didn't get home until after you were in bed. You did fine then, right?

Jake: Yeah, but that didn't make me cry.

Ouch.

No comments: