Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Blue Rose Test

When I got married I carried a blue rose in my wedding bouquet. It was a "stone rose" that I had purchased at a festival and buried inside the real flowers of my bouquet. A few years after I got married I gave it to my friend Rachel to have at her wedding for her "something borrowed" and "something blue". Later I gave it to my cousin Kate too. I now have it back in my possession for Hannah's wedding.

Me: Did you see I got my blue rose back?

Link: Yeah.

Me: I need to go put it up in Hannah's keepsake box for her wedding someday. I suppose, if I like Jake's wife-to-be, I could let her use it too.

Link: If you don't like Jake's wife-to-be will there even be a wedding?........Or at least one we're even invited to?

Me: Good point.

No comments: