Friday, March 5, 2010

Meeting Owen

Yesterday I got to go and meet my cousin Kate for lunch. She and her husband had their first baby, Owen, on February 8th and this is the first time I got to meet him. He is one unbelievably cute little thing. It always amazes me to hold a baby that little and try to wrap my mind around the fact that at one time my kids were that small. Heck, when Hannah was born she was quite a bit smaller than that. I love how they do that little "baby stretch" where they screw up their face, pucker their lips, bring their shoulders up to their ears and try to push their arms up over their head. It's like they're saying "Oh boy, this life of just sleeping, pooping, eating, and crying is SO unbelievably exhausting."

Kate and I had a nice visit while I got to hold Owen before we headed over to grab some lunch. Her husband is attending Harvard Business School and they are living in a small apartment on campus so we headed over to the "cafeteria" for lunch. I put cafeteria in quotes because it was a pretty swank dining hall that we went to. Those people at Harvard are living the life.

It was great to visit with Kate and this weekend I'll take Link and the kids back with me so they can see Owen as well and hopefully Kate's husband Jim will be around too so that we can visit with him as well. Even though they live nearby we very rarely see them which is kind of sad. Hopefully now that they're living on the Harvard campus, which is near my work, I'll get to see more of them. Before that they were living north of the city.

I absolutely love seeing Owen but man, it makes me glad that Lincoln and I are done having kids. For the most part we're past the hard stuff - until the teenage years that is - and we have two kids who can articulate what they are thinking, don't go to the bathroom in their pants, and sleep throught the night. What more could we ask for?

No comments: