Monday, March 15, 2010

Fighting back against the darkness

I feel it coming again. That dark, heavy, oppressive cloud of something. I can't identify it. I don't know what it is. I don't know how to keep it away. Nothing in my life right now is so bad - alone or together - that I can't handle it and yet there is that great big something out there.

My office building is one stress after another as it continues to flood, leak, and just plan suck the life out of me but even that isn't a huge deal. It's not my money having to pay for all the repairs. The yearbook deadline is looming but I'm so much further along than I was last year at this point that it really isn't bothering me (yet). A lot is going on with my company, and we just had double digit layoffs, but I wasn't one of them.

I have friends who are going through so much worse things right now. Infertility. The idea that they may lose their house. A nasty custody battle. Things I can't even begin to imagine and yet I'm being pulled down by something. Something. Anything. I don't know what it is and it FRUSTRATES me!!! That's the worst part. I don't know what's wrong. I can't put my finger on it. I know this stuff is minor and yet it's pulling me down into a dark pit I can't seem to climb out of. It makes me want to scream and cry and hit things and just SOMETHING!!!!

Help me......please.

2 comments:

Lincoln Blogs said...

I'm here for you baby! You know I will do whatever I can.

Jennifer said...

Sometimes watching people go through hard times and knowing you're helpless & unable to do anything for them can be just as hard as actually having to go through them.

If there's anything at all I can do to help you out, let me know. I am all too familiar with those feelings.